- The patient may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow and shoes that tie.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, dentures and facial piercings must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Hecht prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Each patient will receive “after surgery information” pertaining to his or her specific procedure.